"I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."
Daily Prayer Points
You can find daily prayer points here to regularly join in trusting the work of Acorn with the Lord in prayer. To add this calendar to your own Google calendar, press the blue ‘+’ in the bottom corner. For details click into the calendar below.
If you would like to use PrayerMate to pray for Acorn, then click the logo to subscribe.
General Prayer Points
- ABK Applications – Praise God that 12 applications have come through for Acorn Bible Training (in Hungarian, ABK)! Pray that any others thinking about applying would have wisdom to know if it is right for them this year.
- Talk-writing – 6 students are writing varying degrees of talks for summer camps during July-August. Pray as they and their mentors prepare and give their talks from Mark 14-16: that time with mentors would be encouraging and refining; that speaker and listener hearts would be changed as a result of the talks about Jesus the King’s ultimate sacrifice.
- CORE Students Commissioning service – Wednesday 25th August – praise God for the 9 students who took part in Acorn’s Bible-teaching training this year. Pray that the commissioning service would be an encouraging send off to them, inspiring them in their ongoing service towards their young people.
- Operations Manager – praise God that Szabó András has accepted the position! Though there were question marks around his start date, please pray that the new start on 1st September would be a blessing to he and the team. Pray the team would receive him well and he would be effective in his work.
- Team training – Praise God for the 4-day training with Mel Lacy from Growing Young Disciples in June. It was eventually held online, and 6 teaching staff and 4 guests benefited greatly from the ideas, wisdom and structure of the training. Pray for the team as they implement the changes to their talks for September.